Welcome to OECM’s new Broader Public Sector Procurement Directive website. This easy to use, online resource will assist our stakeholders in obtaining essential information about the recently enacted Broader Public Sector Accountability Act. In addition, this website will also provide essential information on how OECM can help School Boards, Colleges and Universities (SCUs) in complying with the Act’s new mandatory requirements.
The BPS Procurement Directive which came into effect on April 01, 2011, sets new rules and accountability standards for procuring goods and services for all SCUs across Ontario.
This act requires BPS organizations to follow consistent procurement practices for sourcing products and services; use open, fair and transparent processes while acquiring publicly funded goods and services; ensure accountability through each stage of the procurement process; and maximize the value that BPS organizations receive from the use of public funds.
Any BPS organization that has received public funds of 10 million dollars or more in the previous fiscal year from the Government of Ontario will also be covered under this new directive. If you are a School Board, College or University or a publicly funded BPS organization, OECM can assist you in complying with these mandatory requirements.
As a not-for-profit procurement organization, OECM agreements and sourcing processes already meet the rigorous requirements of this Act. By using OECM agreements you are fulfilling all the essential conditions of BPSAA.
In addition, as a leader in group purchasing initiatives, OECM offer institutions:
- A fair, open and transparent procurement process
- 18 sourcing agreements that provide significant savings
- Agreements that help you use scarce resources effectively and are in compliance with the BPSAA rigorous requirements
- Proactive contract management by an experienced team of OECM sourcing specialists
- This website also provides links to all the information related to the BPS Supply Chain Secretariat’s tools for implementation, as well as the Directive and contract related FAQs. Please click the above given links to further your knowledge regarding OECM and BPSAA.
For questions related to Broader Public Sector Accountability Act (BPSAA) and the BPS Procurement Directive, please direct your queries to:
By mail: BPS Supply Chain Secretariat, Ministry of Finance
777 Bay St, 8th floor, Toronto, ON M5G 2C8
For questions related to OECM and how you can utilize our contracts to comply with BPS Procurement Directive, please contact:
Stakeholder Engagement Manager
By mail: 90 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 504, Toronto ON M4P 2Y3