Considering a job with OECM? Here’s a snapshot of our OECM's core functional areas, and what it is like to work in each of them.
Management & Administration
This department encompasses Administrative support, Finance, Communications and Human Resources. People who work in the Management and Administration department enable our core business teams of Strategic Sourcing to accomplish their key goals.
- Our Administrative support professionals keep the office running smoothly, and contribute to the necessary reporting to our Board of Directors
- Our Finance team is focused on reporting key performance metrics to our funding ministries, managing cash flow, and maintaining Transfer Payment Agreements
- Our Communications team is busy enhancing OECM’s online presence, developing outreach programs for School Boards, Colleges, and Universities and managing employee communications. Supporting the Strategic Sourcing team in marketing contracts to educational institutions is also part of the Department’s initiatives
- Human Resources focus on recruiting talented staff to achieve our mission, as well as developing foundational programs and policies to support our workforce
Unlike many other organizations, at OECM sourcing is a core business function.
- Strategic Sourcing Managers are responsible for end-to-end sourcing event management – from baseline spend data collection to strategy definition to RFP tendering to contract negotiation to vendor management. Our managers don’t specialize in one aspect of strategic sourcing – they are competent in all aspects
- Our Sourcing Analysts assist the managers with data collection and analysis at various stages in a sourcing event, and usually are working on more than one sourcing event, with more than one manager, at a time
Strategic sourcing is truly a front and centre at OECM, and working in this department is an excellent way to build depth and breadth on your resume.